If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pesto is a sauce that originates from Genoa in Northern Italy made with basil, pine nuts, garlic and two typical Italian cheeses. Here is my recipe using the tradition method of mortar-pestle. —Mitanti Ghosh Sarkar
- 1 sprig Basil Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (cold pressed)
- 1 piece Garlic
- 20 grams Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated)
- 20 grams Pecorino Pepato
- 20 grams Roasted Pine nuts
- 0.5 teaspoons Salt
- Take the garlic in a mortar and crush it with the help of a wooden pestle.
- When the garlic is crushed, add the basil leaves and slightly crush them.
- Add the pine nuts, crush them and incorporate them nicely into the mixture.
- Slowly add 1 tablespoon of oil and mix it with the paste by turning the pestle in a circular motion.
- Add the salt and mix it well using the pestle.