If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These pancakes are special because they do not need oil nor have butter in them and so cut down immensely on the unsaturated fat. But I came up with this recipe primarily for those lactose intolerant people (like me) who would love to taste sweet desserts but unable to digest the lactose in them. Lactose-free milk is available in France and it is prepared by breaking up chemically the lactose molecules of milk. I believe such products are also available elsewhere.
Now to add even more twist, this recipe is about lactose-free strawberry pancakes. Generally it is not very common to add strawberry in the batter probably because it does not help to bind properly. However using the ingredients in correct proportions and order can help to make perfect well bound pancakes which are deliciously attractive and has the strawberry flavor in each and every bite. —Mitanti Ghosh Sarkar
cup Almond meal
cup Lactose-free milk
grams Baking powder
- Crush the strawberries into a smooth paste.
- Add the eggs, salt and sugar and whisk well with a fork.
- Add the almond meal, milk, flour and baking powder and whisk so that no lumps remain.
- Heat a non-stick (Tefal coating) pan. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter on it.
- When small bubbles appear on the sides and the surface, change the sides.
- Press lightly on the pancake and cook for about a minute. Remove them and stack one on top of the other.
- I garnished them with raspberries and organic mountain honey.