If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing beats cold, refreshing gazpacho in the sweltering summer (or any hot days). Packed with goodness (antioxidants and vitamin C), it nourishes your tired body from the heat as well as ageing. Incredibly easy, too. Be it a light lunch or a starter, this Andalusian creamy liquid salad is great for any time of the day!
Tips: Feel free to use old, stale bread. I keep all the veggies in the fridge before I make this delicious gazpacho. By doing so, the soup is ready to eat when it’s done. —sweetsholic
- 4 ripe, vine tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum
- 1/4 cucumber
- 2-3 slices of baguette or white bread
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- salt, cayenne pepper
- Core and dice the tomatoes, deseed the capsicum and cut the cucumber (lightly peel, if you prefer). Place all the ingredients, except seasoning, in a blender and whizz until smooth. Season with salt and cayenne pepper. Chill until you are ready to serve.