If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sauce is perfect to have on hand for quick weeknight dinners. Make a double or even triple batch and keep some in the freezer and fridge at all times. —Lindsay Howerton-Hastings
Makes about 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- This recipe originally appeared at http://funnyloveblog.com/2017/09/05/basic-marinara-sauce/
- Add the olive oil and onion to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook while stirring for about 5 minutes until the onion softens but doesn’t brown.
- Add the garlic and salt and stir for 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the sugar, tomatoes, and water. Stir every few minutes while the sauce comes to a simmer.
- Simmer the sauce for 15-20 minutes until reduced and thickened. Taste as you go and add more sugar and salt to your preference. Use as you’d like. Enjoy!