This is a colorful, summery, trendy veggie dish that is just so easy, especially if you prep the zucchini and cabbage ahead of time. The lemon makes the yogurt tangy which is a nice compliment to the sweet tomatoes and pepper flakes give the dish a little kick. This recipe serves 4 as a side dish. I serve it alongside grilled pepper-rosemary pork chops. Double recipe for an entree portion and add garlic bread. Consider adding bits of pancetta. —Ashley B
- Serves 4
- Yogurt Pesto
Plain Greek Yogurt
Shredded Red Cabbage
Red Pepper Flakes
1 1/2 cups
- Combine yogurt, pesto, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Slice garlic. Halve the tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat, then add garlic and red pepper flakes. Saute until fragrant.
- Add zucchini noodles and toss in the oil. Let cook for a few minutes, tossing regularly. Add the cabbage, toss and continue to cook until zucchini is just about done.
- Add tomatoes. Once tomatoes soften, add the yogurt-pesto and toss until noodles are coated.
- Serve warm immediately or cold the next day as lunch.