If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ,,SELF/HOME MADE" Japanese Avocado Maki Sushi - Soy Sauce - Wasabi .... —Liv
- 2 pieces Nori Seaweeds
- 1 cup Sushi Rice
- 5 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1/3 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- 1 piece Avocado
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Wasabi paste
- 1/2 cup Pickled Ginger
- 1 piece Bamboo Mat
- Alternatively, you can use Sushi rice seasoning powder.
- Wash the rice with running water for at least 1-2 minutes until there is no more starch coming out of it. Place it gently in a pot, add a little bit more water then the rice (the ration should be about 1.15:1). Don’t put too much water otherwise you’ll get dough instead of rice.
- The rice should be cooked on high heat at first. Stir every minute or two, until the water boils. Then, lower the heat to minimum and cover the pot.
- After 6-8 minutes, check the water – if there is no more water that means that the rice is done.
- When the rice is cooked turn off the heat and gently put the rice in a separate bowl. Use a wooden spoon to take the rice out if needed. Add vinegar, sugar and salt and stir well and let it aside to chill.
- After the rice is cooled down take one sheet of seaweed and cut it on half (you can use scissors). Put the one half on a bamboo mat. With a wooden spoon take a little bit of rice and place it on a seaweed sheet. Gently spread the rice on whole seaweed leaving a free line 1cm from the top.
- Cut the avocado into thin slices and place 1-2 slices into middle down bottom on a full length of the sheets.
- And now very gently roll the sushi helping yourself with the bamboo mat. And there you have it :)