If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The secret here is to use premade marinara for the quickest side dish. Delicious! —Lindsay Howerton-Hastings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup marinara
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the olive oil is hot, add the vegetables to the skillet.
- Stir the veggies for about 3 minutes until they are slightly soft and browned at the edges. Add the marinara, stock, and a sprinkle of salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer the beans for 10-15 minutes until the stock is nearly all reduced and the beans are tender. Add more salt or stock as needed to finish the dish. Serve with your favorite dinner, and enjoy!
- This recipe originally appeared at http://funnyloveblog.com/2017/09/07/stewed-green-beans-with-tomatoes/ and the recipe for basic marinara is in my recipe box!