If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This ellu mithai recipe is usually made during festivals like vinayagar Chaturthi and Krishna Jayanthi —Ranjani
- Sesame seeds – 1 cup
- Jaggery – ½ cup to ¾ cup
- Water – ¼ cup
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp. (to dust hands for making sesame balls) (optional)
- 1. Heat a kadai, dry roast sesame seeds till nice aroma comes and ellu starts popping.
- 2. Remove the kadai from heat, place them on a plate to cool down.
- 3. In a sauce pan, add ¾ cup of Jaggery and ¼ cup of water. Heat until the Jaggery dissolves.
- 4. Strain the syrup to remove impurities.
- 5. Again heat it, till it reaches single string consistency.
- syrup and mix well. 7. Start making balls while it is hot. Otherwise, it won’t come as balls.
- 8. If your hand can’t resist the heat, dust your hands with rice flour and start making balls.
- 9. Place all urundai in the plate until it cools completely.
- 10. Then store in airtight container.