If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Moscow Mule is my go-to drink order. I've had a lot of them – good and bad. The good ones are made with top notch ginger beer that's spicy and a little sweet. However, most brands you find at the grocery store are light on the ginger and heavy on the sugar. To fix this, you can make a super easy ginger syrup to add along with the ginger beer. —Look Cook
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger – unpeeled, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons vodka
- 2/3 cup ginger beer
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger syrup
- Ice cubes
- A slice of lime
- Make the ginger syrup by adding the water, sugar, and ginger to a small saucepan. Stir it all together and bring to a boil – this should only take a minute or two. Once boiling, remove from heat and let it hang out for 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a cup, then use the back of a spoon to press out any remaining liquid. No strainer? Pour the syrup through a coffee filter instead.
- In a copper tumbler (optional, but looks fancy), add the vodka, ginger beer, lime juice, and ginger syrup. Stir and then add lots of ice and a slice of lime. There will be enough leftover syrup for several more drinks – if you don't use it all at once, you can store it in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
More Great Recipes: