If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not only does this cake come together in one bowl, but you also don't have to fuss around with measuring cups or spoons. All you need is a 7-ounce, individual-sized yogurt container. —Grant Melton
Makes one 10-inch round cake
- 1 7-oz container plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 container canola oil
- 1 container sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 containers self-rising flour
- 1 container cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 container coffee or warm water
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Empty the Greek yogurt container into a large mixing bowl. Now, using the container as your measuring device, add one yogurt container full of sugar and one yogurt container full of canola oil to the bowl. Then, add in two large eggs. Using an electric hand mixer, beat mixture until smooth.
- Now, still using the empty yogurt container to measure, add in two container-fulls of self-rising flour and one full container of cocoa powder. Beat on a low speed until lump free, and slowly add in a full container of warm water (or coffee, for intensified chocolate flavor) and a pinch of salt. Mix until smooth. Once smooth, pour the batter into a prepared 10-inch spring-form pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted into the middle of the cake, comes out clean. Let cool.
- Release the cake from the spring form pan and dust with powdered sugar, if desired. The cake goes well with a dollop of whipped cream.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!