If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This chocolate chip bundt cake is a moist and dense cake filled with chocolate morsels and topped with a rich and shiny glaze.
http://thewoodandspoon.com/chocolate-chip-bundt-cake/ —Kate Wood
For the cake:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
For the glaze:
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed until well combined and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla, beating to combine.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and beat on low until combined. Add the Greek yogurt and beat to combine. Add the remaining half of dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
- Spray a a small, 10-cup bundt pan with a baking spray with flour or use a light spray of baking spray and dust the inside of the pan with flour. Spoon the batter evenly into the pan and smooth the top of the batter. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until the top is set, is beginning to golden, and is no longer jiggly. A toothpick inserted may continue to come out with thick clumps even after it is done cooking so just use your best judgment.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes and then invert the cake onto a cooling rack or serving platter until completely cool.
- When ready to ice, add the chocolate to a small bowl and heat the cream until almost bubbling. Add the warmed cream to the chocolate, cover the bowl with a piece of plastic wrap, and allow to sit undisturbed for 5 minutes. Stir to combine and add in the corn syrup, if desired. Pour over the top of the cake. Serve and enjoy!