If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eat this 'pizza' straight from the oven. From Kathy Kordalis' Pimp My Noodles, http://www.chroniclebooks.com/titles/pimp-my-noodles.html. Posted with publisher permission. —Food52
Serves 2 (or 1 very hungry person)
Noodle Pizza Base
- 2 packs instant noodles, cooked according to the packet instructions
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix the noodles and egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in an 8-inch frying pan (or skillet) over a medium heat until shimmering. Add the noodle mixture and press the bottom of a spatula into an even layer that completely covers the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes, or until soft, then remove from the pan and top.
Spinach, Chile, & Egg Topping
- 1 tablespoon passata or sun-dried tomato paste
- handful of baby spinach
- 1 medium egg
- 1 red chile, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 3/4 ounce feta (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Dollop the pizza with the passata or sun-dried tomato paste and spinach. Crack over the egg, sprinkle over the chili and feta, if using. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan, slide along the plate, and eat.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!