If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A lovely soup for the fall. —MarieGlobetrotter
- 2 handfuls chickpeas, cooked
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 450 grams sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 80 milliliters white wine (Port)
- 400 milliliters vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 400 milliliters coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 handful flat parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F Drain the chickpeas and coat with curry powder. Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy. Set aside
- Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes. Slice the onion into small pieces and mince the garlic.
- Heat 12 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic, pour in the white wine. Cook for a few minutes before adding the broth and the sweet potatoes. Season slightly with salt and pepper, You can adjust seasoning later. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the lime juice and coconut milk. Puree the soup using a hand blender. Adjust seasoning as desired. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes and add more water if needed.
- Serve with chickpea croutons and flat parsley