If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Asian inspired version of a classic cucumber and fennel salad with smashed chilli and ginger dressing. —thefoodcollective
- 1 cucumber
- 1 fennel
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 inch of ginger
- 1 chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- a pinches salt
- Finely slice the fennel and cucumber using a mandolin if you have one.
- In a frying pan lightly toast the sesame seeds for a couple of minutes on a medium heat until golden brown.
- Roughly chop the ginger and chili. Then in a pestle and mortar smash the garlic, ginger and chili pepper into a rough paste. Mix with the rice wine vinegar and toasted sesame oil.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and mix well. Add salt to taste. Top with toasted sesame seeds.