If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by the bitter and sweet notes in both espresso and the Venetian amaro Cynar, and my love of bourbon, I stirred up this cocktail that somehow synthesizes both of those flavors into a rich, chocolatey-tasting cocktail. The sweet vermouth and orange bitters rounds out the edges—and the night's just getting started. —Samantha Weiss Hills
Makes 1 drink
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce Cynar, an Italian bitter liqueur
- 1 ounce (1 shot) espresso
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- A few dashes Regan's orange bitters
- In a shaker or 16-ounce glass, add the bourbon, Cynar, espresso, sweet vermouth, and bitters. Fill the glass with ice and stir with a cocktail stirrer for about 30 turns.
- Strain into a rocks glass with 1 large ice cube, and garnish with an orange slice.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: