If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This vegan shepherd’s pie is comforting, healthy, delicious and really easy to make. You can also make it in batches to freeze and serve when you don’t have much time to cook. We used lentils to make ours, but you could use chickpeas instead, if you’d prefer.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-shepherds-pie-vegan/ —Nikki Brown
- 600 grams cooked lentils
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 piece white onion, chopped
- 2 pieces cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 350 grams vegetable stock
For the mash:
- 735 grams sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 100 milliliters coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Start making the filling: add the coconut oil to a saucepan and gently fry the onions, ginger, garlic and spices until soft and tender.
- Meanwhile for the mash - add the sweet potatoes to a pan of boiling water, bring to the boil then leave to simmer for 20 minutes (until softened).
- Drain the water from the pan of potatoes, then add the rest of the mash ingredients and mash until smooth.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then serve with fresh coriander.