If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These delicious salmon fish cakes are both nourishing and satisfying which make them the ideal healthy meal when you’re short on time, but want lots of flavour. They’re so easy to make and you can serve them as a nutritious starter, with a salad or for supper.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-salmon-fish-cakes/ —Nikki Brown
- 240 grams salmon fillets
- 2400 grams cubed sweet potato
- 1 piece zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 piece egg
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 6 tablespoons ground almonds
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into small chunks, then place in a pan of water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 mins (until softened).
- Meanwhile grill the salmon for 10 minutes (until just cooked).
- Once the potatoes are ready, drain out the water then mash. Mix in the lemon zest, dill, parsley and mustard.
- Break the salmon fillets into flakes, then mix with the potato mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 6 cakes.
- Place the flour, egg and ground almonds in separate bowls.
- Coat each cake in flour, then the egg then the ground almonds.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan, then gently fry the cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side, then serve.