If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This baked egg in a portobello mushroom makes a fantastic healthy breakfast. It’s so easy to make, delicious and really nourishing too. We’ve added a sprinkle of nutritional yeast to the top of my mushrooms, which gives a similar taste to cheese (but it’s far more nutritious).
It’s important to heat the mushrooms in the grill first as this will prevent them from going soggy.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-baked-mushroom-egg/ —Nikki Brown
- 3 pieces portobello mushrooms
- 3 pieces eggs
- 6 pieces piccolino tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Place the mushrooms in the grill and heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the grill and set the oven to 200C/390F.
- When the oven is ready - break the eggs into the centre of each mushroom, then drop in the piccolino tomatoes and sprinkle the mixed herbs and nutritional yeast on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then garnish with fresh parsley.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch