If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This super healthy breakfast is really easy to make and tastes divine. The flavours of poached eggs and mashed avocado work really well together. If you layer this on a slice of toasted rye bread with some fried piccolo tomatoes it makes a great breakfast for lazy weekends. You could also add fried mushrooms too if you’re feeling adventurous.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-avocado-poached-egg-breakfast/ —Nikki Brown
- 1 piece avocado
- 2 pieces slices of rye bread
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1 piece Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 piece Chopped parsley to serve
- 100 grams piccolino tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Chop the piccolino tomatoes into quarters and fry over a medium heat for 3-5 mins.
- Meanwhile add water to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add in 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and reduce the heat to a simmer. Using a spoon start to stir the water to create a vortex, then carefully drop in the eggs one at a time. Leave to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- While the eggs and tomatoes are cooking, toast the rye bread and mash up the avocado with the lemon juice.
- Plate everything up, then serve.