If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Take advantage of fig season and dress up regular baked chicken for a fun weeknight meal. Paleo, AIP, & Whole30 approved! —Alexa Federico
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1, then 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3, then 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 pound figs
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place drumsticks in a baking dish, drizzle with 1 TBSP olive oil and season with 3 tsp sea salt and garlic powder. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until your preferred crispiness.
- Slice the onion and halve the figs, removing the stems. When the drumsticks are cooking for the last 15-20 minutes, add the onion and 2 TBSP of olive oil to a saucepan on medium heat. Let the onions cook until they start to become translucent and wilted.
- Add the figs, balsamic vinegar, and 1 tsp sea salt. Turn the heat to medium-high so that the liquid bubbles becomes thicker. Stir a couple of times over a five-minute period. Chop the chives while the sauce is reducing.
- When the chicken is done, spoon the contents of the fig sauce over the drumsticks and sprinkle the chives on top, and serve.