If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Since starting the paleo diet last November, my cooking has opened up to more plant based recipes. There's always some new way to eat what I find in the produce aisle. —SEB Market BK
- 2 Medium sized zuchini
- 1 Beet
- 1 handful green pea pods
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Black beans
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon Sliced pickled jalapeños
- 1 pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- Slice zucchini into 3/8 inch think rounds and place in salad bowl. Peel beet then chop into bite-sized, but uneven, pieces. Add to bowl. Take pea pods and slice them into strips before adding to the other ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the pickled jalapeños (with a little spicy brine), olive oil and vinegar. Stir, then pour into the bowl. Add cilantro leaves, a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper. Toss the ingredients, then put the bowl in the fridge for a few hours until the zucchini turn red.
- Remove salad from fridge, toss again, then use tongs to place in serving bowl or plate. Top with a tablespoon of black beans.
- *I sometimes add leftover veg to jalapeño brine, which gives them a little kick. This photo has a little spicy cabbage and sliced red bell pepper in addition to the official ingredients.