If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
This is a delicious and fresh galette made with seasonal ingredients, perfect for any gathering - large or small.
This is a delicious and fresh galette made with seasonal ingredients, perfect for any gathering - large or small.—HewnBread
Makes: 1 galette
cups all-purpose flour
cup ice cold water
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup Plugra butter, cut into small cubes
- In a medium bowl, add the salt and flour.
- Using a bowl scraper, slowly pour in the water and mix until the water is absorbed, then add the vanilla extract.
- Using your fingers slowly add the butter to the flour and squeeze the butter to mix into the dough. A food processor could be used to slowly add the butter, but it is better to gently mash in the butter so it evenly coats the flour mix
- Once all the butter is added, there will still be visible patches, flatten the dough into a saucer and wrap with plastic and let it rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or let it sit overnight.
- While the dough rests prepare the seasonal fruit.
peaches, pit removed & sliced 1/4 thick
teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
teaspoon cornstarch or flour
- In a medium size bowl add the cut peaches (or seasonal fruit).
- Sprinkle with the salt, add the vanilla, sugar and corn starch.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and let the fruit macerate (5-10 minutes).
- PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER: Preheat oven to 350.
- After the dough rests, lightly flour a counter and roll the dough out to a thickness no more than 1/4 of an inch.
- Use a cereal bowl to cut circles of dough
- Place the rolled, cut rounds on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread them out so there is 1 inch between each round.
- Take 2 spoons worth of fruit (peaches) into the center of the rolled out dough. Leave about ½ inch around the edge of the dough so you can fold the edge over itself to create a crust.
- Start at one edge of the fruit filled dough, and fold the crust over, ¼ inch to shape a natural crust. This will allow the fruit to stay inside the galette. Don’t worry if it looks rough or ugly, it is just meant to create a lip that will keep the fruit in the middle.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the bottoms have been cooked through.