If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is how you clean up Brussels sprouts bad reputation. Roast them with some sage infused brown butter, add chopped hazelnuts, finish with a drizzle of honey. There you have it! Crunchy, nutty, salty and sweet, full of texture and flavor! —Dominique Fry
pound Brussels sprouts
cup hazelnuts slightly chopped
pinch cayenne pepper
fresh sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Clean and trim Brussels, then halve them. If they are small you can leave them whole. Place Brussels sprouts and chopped hazelnuts in a mixing bowl.
- Place butter on a fry pan and let it melt slowly over medium heat swirling occasionally to brown it evenly. When the butter starts to foam and turn tan throw the sage in. Let butter turn brown lightly.
- Add butter to Brussels and hazelnuts, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place Brussels on a baking sheet and roast for about 12-15 minutes minutes, tossing them halfway to roast evenly.
- Once Brussels are tender and lightly toasted remove from the oven, place in a serving plate/bowl and drizzle with honey. Add salt and more pepper to taste.