If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious, healthy and nutritious, no-bake caramel shortcake recipe is one of our favourite snacks. You’ll need a food processor to make it but it’s a really easy, non-fuss recipe that is sure to impress.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-caramel-shortcake/
For the base:
- 140 grams almonds
- 55 grams coconut flour
- 4 pieces pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
For the caramel and chocolate layer:
- 400 milliliters can coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Start by making the base, add the almonds and coconut flour to a food processor and blitz until the almonds are finely chopped and well combined with the flour, then add in the dates and almond butter. Blitz again until combined.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of water and blitz. The mixture should be a sticky but not wet dough, if you need to add in another tablespoon do that now and blitz again.
- To make the caramel add all the ingredients to a saucepan, bring to the boil then leave on the heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring continuously until you have reached a thick consistency. Be careful not to leave it too long as the caramel will burn. Leave to cool slightly while the base is still setting in the freezer.
- After the caramel layer has been in the freezer for 30 minutes, start making the chocolate topping. Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and melt, stirring continuously until the mixture is well combined, then spread on top of the caramel layer. Place back in the freezer for 1 hour, then remove and slice into small bites to serve.
More Great Recipes: