If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A burst of colour ready for the Summer, can’t wait!
The two main ingredients are a match made in health heaven, recent health claims suggest the benefits of beetroot include prevention of dementia and can aid in lowering blood pressure, while studies also suggest that cauliflower can aid in warding off heart disease and cancer.
The recipe can be found here -
http://www.mynutricounter.com/cauliflower-beet-salad-in-curry-mustard-vinaigrette/ —Nikki Brown
- 330 grams raw,untrimmed cauliflower
- 380 grams sugar beets, raw untrimmed
- 100 grams white onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (check if vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 60 milliliters olive oil
- Boil the beets for 1.5 – 2 hours or until fork tender. Peel and cut into wedges.
- Boil whole head of cauliflower for 5 minutes. Drain. Submerge in an ice bath for 3 minutes. Drain and cut into florets.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, curry powder, salt, and toasted mustard seeds.
- Toss prepared cauliflower, beets, sliced onion and chopped parsley in the vinaigrette.