Author Notes: The word “Cake” in France refers to a baked salted cake made with olives, ham, cheese etc. They are exclusively rectangular in shape and made in a bread pan. Rather exclusive versions include goat cheese (chevre) which prevents the cakes from being too dry. This is a simple and authentic recipe of the French cake with olives, ham and goat cheese. —Mitanti Ghosh Sarkar
grams Goat cheese
grams Black olives (deseeded)
grams Ham (cubes)
cup Olive oil (Extra Virgin Cold pressed)
grams Baking powder
- Cut the olives into thin round slices.
- Cut the goat cheese roughly into dices.
- Take the eggs in a deep bottomed bowl and add salt, olive oil, milk, flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the ham cubes, olives and the goat cheese to the bowl.
- Fold in the mixture with a spatula.
- Butter a nonstick bread pan and pour the batter in the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes at 180°C.