If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious Bread and Tomato Salad, Panzanella is a great dish to use up stale bread and ripe tomatoes. —VibrantPlate
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 stale bread slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt, pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Wash and dry tomatoes then slice and put into a bowl. Remove any hard parts and the stem.
- Peel and thinly slice red onion. Add to the tomatoes.
- Prepare salad dressing: combine 3 tbs olive oil and 2 tbs white balsamic vinegar. Peel and thinly slice or grate garlic cloves and add to the oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste and combine well with a fork or a whisk. Pour dressing on top of salad.
- Cut stale bread into slices or chunks. Add to the salad and combine well. Let rest for about 5 minutes, to let the bread soak up juices, then serve, topped with a couple fresh basil leaves.