If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Is your Instagram feed full of galettes right now? Every time I scroll through my feed I come across at least one. I knew that if I was going to join this party, I should at least bring something new to the table (pun intended). And indeed I did. This savoury galette is filled with butternut pumpkin ribbons and finely shaved brussels sprouts. —Alannah | Kale Mary
For the dough
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/4 cups filtered water
- Pinch of salt
For the filling
- 75 grams butternut pumpkin, shaved into fine ribbons
- 200 grams brussels sprouts, finely shaved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 stem of fresh rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- Combine dough ingredients into a bowl then lay a sheet of baking paper on a round baking tray and wet your hands to scoop the dough out of your mixing bowl. Shape on the tray. If the dough starts to stick to your hands, simply wet your hands again. Once you have the dough evenly spread out, pop it in the oven for 5 mins.
- While the base is in the oven, combine filling ingredients into a bowl and mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Remove dough from oven and add filling ingredients on top, leaving a 2cm gap around the edges. Then, gently fold the edges in – overlapping the dough where you need to – and lightly brush the crust with olive oil.
- Cook the galette in the oven for 30 mins, removing after 15 minutes to give the crust another brush of olive oil.
- Let cool slightly before slicing into quarters.