If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Alannah | Kale Mary
Makes 7 burgers
For the sushi burgers
- 7 sheets of aluminium foil
- 7 sheets of nori seaweed
- 2 1/3 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 avocado
- 2 pickled carrots, julienned
- 4 baby cucumbers, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1/3 cup peanut tamarind sauce (see below)
For the peanut tamarind sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate
- Lay a sheet of foil on your surface then lay a sheet of nori on top, shiny side down, with one of the ends pointing towards you.
- Spread a third of a cup of the rice into a square in the middle. Then add fillings and top with another third of a cup of rice into a square.
- Fold in the sides of the nori, like you would wrapping paper and tightly fold the foil around it to hold it together. If you notice the nori tearing, you can lightly mist it with some water.
- Repeat until all rice and fillings have been used.
- After the foil-wrapped sushi burgers have rested for at least 10 minutes, unfold the foil and discard. Run a sharp knife under water and slice the sushi burgers in half. Serve with soy sauce.
- To make the peanut tamarind sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Add water gradually until desired consistency is reached.