If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Let’s talk about nice cream (ice cream made from bananas). Every second person I follow is on that bandwagon but I’m not 100% sold because, well, bananas. My 2-ingredient raspberry sorbet is just as easy and doesn’t have a banana in sight. I was thinking about using it as the filling for ice cream sandwiches a few months ago but time got the best of me, as it usually does.
These almond meal cookies are my go-to… in fact, as I type this, I realise I need to flesh out my cookie repertoire – this is the only cookie recipe I know! Leave that with me, and in the meantime, give these ones a go. These cookies have just 7 ingredients and sorbet has just 2… gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free ice cream sandwiches with less than 10 ingredients! —Alannah | Kale Mary
For the cookies
- 1 1/2 cups amond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maply syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C, and combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Roll out the cookie dough onto a lined baking tray and use a cookie cutter to evenly cut out the cookie shapes. (A cookie cutter helps keep each cookie uniform… an important tool for ice cream sandwiches!)
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. When the cookies come out of the oven, they will be soft to touch so it’s best to leave them for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
For the sorbet
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup rice milk (stored in the freezer for 4 hours)
- Add ingredients into a bowl and use a hand blender to combine the raspberries with the semi-frozen rice milk.
- Evenly spread into a shallow baking dish and place in the freezer for approx. 2 hours, to freeze into shape.
- Once set, use the same cookie cutter you used for the cookies to cut out rounds of the sorbet.
- Add cookie on either side of the sorbet slices and enjoy.