If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my go-to feel good recipe to chase away any cold weather blues. The richness of the coconut milk, warmth of the curry, and the nuttiness of the pistachios come together to form a perfect symphony. A favorite variation of mine is to use pears, which has a sweeter and less tart quality than apples, making this one of my favorite things to make in the Fall. —Experimental Culinary Pursuits
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 pears
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 handful crushed pistachios
- 1-2 dashes salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Attack the Butternut Squash with purpose, penetrate it’s stubborn outer layers to get into the aromatic earthy inner deliciousness. Then cut into 1 inch cubes
- Peel, core and cut the pears into about the same size as butternut squash
- Cook the butternut squash in vegetable broth, bringing to a boil until squash is tender.
- In small batches, puree the squash & pears along with the vegetable broth in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Transfer the puree back into the pot and stir in coconut milk, curry powder, and some salt & pepper to bring out flavor as needed.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until flavors are well integrated
- Spoon the bisque into bowls and top with crushed pistachios
- Fill up your tummy with steamy goodness
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Butternut Squash