If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These chicken burgers are delicious, but if you're more of a sausage person than a burger person...well, these make great sausages, too. Sausages can either be linked using a sausage stuffer or stuffer attachment, or they can be formed into sausages by hand. If you do link the sausages, poke them all over with a pin or toothpick after linking and let them sit, uncovered, in the fridge overnight before cooking. —Cara Nicoletti
Makes 15 burgers or sausages
For the burgers
- 5 pounds ground chicken
- 40 grams kosher salt
- 7 grams red pepper flakes
- 3 grams celery seeds
- 1 small bunch of parsley, leaves picked off and finely chopped
- 25 grams milk powder
- 30 grams Universal Seasoning (ingredients below)
- 90 grams Frank's Red Hot
- 100 grams blue cheese, crumbled
For the Universal Seasoning
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Place the ground chicken in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Turn the mixer to the lowest speed and add the salt, red pepper flakes, celery seeds, parsley, and milk powder, and Universal Seasoning. Mix for exactly one minute thirty seconds (set a timer!). Add the Frank’s and mix for one and a half more minutes. Add blue cheese and mix until it is incorporated throughout—about 5 seconds.
- Divide the mixture into 15 pieces and form into patties or sausage links.
- Cook however you like your burgers: stovetop, grill, or broiler, you choose!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!