If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Had this recipes for 30 yrs. I make this soup only on special ocassions.Its very rich,so serve small portions. —freedfeld
- 1/4c chopped onion
- 1 med. Leek[white part only] chopped
- 1/2c thinly sliced celery
- 4Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4c flour
- 2c whole milk
- 2c home made chicken broth
- 3/4lb Brie cubed[1/2lb 60%fat brie de Paris+1/4lb herb brie]
- pinches cayenne
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chopped chives for garnish
- In a 3qt. kettle,saute the the onion,leek & celery in the butter until limp.Stir in the flour,remove from heat, stir in the milk & chicken broth using a whisk to mix well.Return to heat & simmer stirring constantly until soup thickens.Add all the Brie[with the rind on] and stir until melted.Run all of this through a food processor until very smooth.Correct seasoning with S&P and cayenne serve hot with garnish.