If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious, homemade trail mix perfect for tailored dietary needs! —Alexa Federico
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dairy free or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut or chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Place your cashews on the tray and drizzle over maple syrup and sea salt. Use a spoon or spatula to mix well and spread out (this can be done in a bowl first if you prefer).
- Roast for 7 minutes, flip, then roast for another 7 minutes. Take out sooner if the nuts are starting to burn.
- While the cashews are roasting, combine the rest of the ingredients in a container or bowl. Wait to add the cashews until they are completely cooled so that the chocolate doesn’t melt.
- Store in a covered container or large mason jar. Keep in the refrigerator if it is hot out or to keep fresher longer, although it keeps fine on the counter covered.