If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Blushing, plump tomatoes, aromatic cilantro, the zing zap of fresh lime juice and of course fiery peppers all buzz-buzzed together to create a vibrant muddle of goodness. —TheLastWonton
Makes a good batch
- We like our salsa quite hot so I leave the seeds intact in the peppers. If you want to tone down the heat, you can omit the Serrano completely and remove the seeds from the jalapeno.
- 4 plump, fresh tomatoes, stem removed, quartered
- 1/2 large sweet onion, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1/3 - 1/2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1/4 - 1/3 cups fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, cut into chunks
- 1 Serrano pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Toss all ingredients into a blender or food processor and buzz, buzz, buzz, until you have a damn fine pureed consistency. Refrigerate for at least an hour so the flavours can get muy contento. Serve with nachos, warm tortilla chips, chile rellenos, tossed into mac & cheese, over fried eggs, ummm...... Will keep in a covered container in the fridge, up to 4 days.