If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Say hello to the worlds thickest soup made up of mostly roasted veg and coconut milk with some nutritional yeast to give it a tangy finish (and adding bacon as a topping is never not a great idea).
You must try this, I made the whole thing in my blender. —Anneka Bjorkeson
- 3 cups broccoli
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup steamed edamame beans
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 pieces garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 sprigs thyme
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. If you're using frozen broccoli and squash, let them thaw for 10-20 minutes (or zap hem in the microwave for a few minutes). Toss the broccoli and squash in olive oil and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Add all of the soup ingredients to a high speed blender for about 5 minutes. (If using a vitamix, put it on the 'soup' setting)
- Pour into 2 bowls and top with anything you'd like really! I used bacon pieces, edamame beans, pepitas, pine nuts, flax seeds, barley, and fresh thyme (or anything else you have in your pantry!)