If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet, fluffy coffee cake (made with coffee!) with a pecan crunch and hearty whole-wheat. —Hungry Haley
For the cake:
- 1.25 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- .5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- .5 teaspoons sea salt
- .33 cups coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 2 eggs
- .25 cups strong coffee
- .33 cups mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the streusel:
- .33 cups whole-wheat flour
- .25 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- .5 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and oil or butter a loaf pan.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium-size bowl and add in the sugar, vanilla, almond butter, and coffee. Whisk again and slowly pour into the dry ingredients. Stir to combine and remove any lumps of flour.
- In separate bowl, stir together the streusel ingredients and set aside.
- Pour half the cake batter into the loaf pan and top with half the streusel mixture. Pour in the rest of the batter and top with the rest of the streusel.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and toothpick-test-approved.
- Cool completely (a must!) before slicing. Serve with coffee and yogurt, nut butter, or icing.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week. Enjoy!