Author Notes: his is a very easy to bake cake recipe, it has low amount of sugar and is butter free so it is healthier compared to a lot a cakes. —sara_charm
tablespoon Vanilla extract
tablespoons baking powder
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Separate egg yolk from the white.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks with sugar on high speed, until it turns pale.
- Mix in the oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour and the backing powder and fold the batter to mix. Don’t mix for too long as you may lose the air in your batter.
- In a fresh bowl without any trace of water or oil, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until foams formed.
- fold-in the beaten egg whites into the cake mixture.
- Pour in the 15cm cake tin.
- Pour the butter in the 15cm cake tin, and bake for 45 minute or until the toothpick