Rotini with artichoke, smoked salmon, and anchovies
November 1, 2017
- Prep time 20 hours
- Cook time 30 minutes
- Serves 6
This is another everything-left-in-your-pantry recipe, that ended up so good I have to write it down. I like to add finely shredded carrots to most of my 1 pot dish to add vegetable and subtle hint of sweetness. The range of amount in some of the ingredients means that if you like the ingredients, add more. —foofaraw
What You'll Need
1 to 2 pounds
broccoli/kale, cut to small florets/pieces
oil from bottled anchovies, halve
carrot, chop/shred finely in food chopper
anchovy fillets, cut to 1/2" length
1.5 to 2 cups
artichokes, cut to eights
(1 pack) smoked salmon, cut to around 1x1 inch
- In a large pot, cook the pasta following the package instruction (I usually skip the salt). On 5 minutes mark before the pasta is done, stir in broccoli and cover the pot. Continue cooking until the pasta is al-dente. Drain.
- Set the pasta and broccoli aside . Stir in 2 tbsp of anchovy oil to keep them from sticking to each other.
- In the same pot, heat up 2 tbsp anchovy oil on medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until wilted and start to caramelized. Add carrots and stir until the carrots soften a bit, around 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan, tarragon, thyme, balsamic vinegar, and pepper. Stir in the pasta, broccoli, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, then stir in anchovies.
- If you want to serve everything right away, stir in smoked salmon and serve. Otherwise, keep the salmon aside. When heating up: after you heat up the pasta for serving, stir in the smoked salmon (otherwise the salmon will be cooked through).
See what other Food52ers are saying.