This is another everything-left-in-your-pantry recipe, that ended up so good I have to write it down. I like to add finely shredded carrots to most of my 1 pot dish to add vegetable and subtle hint of sweetness. The range of amount in some of the ingredients means that if you like the ingredients, add more. —foofaraw
- Prep time 20 hours
- Cook time 30 minutes
- Serves 6
1 to 2 pounds
broccoli/kale, cut to small florets/pieces
oil from bottled anchovies, halve
carrot, chop/shred finely in food chopper
anchovy fillets, cut to 1/2" length
1.5 to 2 cups
artichokes, cut to eights
(1 pack) smoked salmon, cut to around 1x1 inch
- In a large pot, cook the pasta following the package instruction (I usually skip the salt). On 5 minutes mark before the pasta is done, stir in broccoli and cover the pot. Continue cooking until the pasta is al-dente. Drain.
- Set the pasta and broccoli aside . Stir in 2 tbsp of anchovy oil to keep them from sticking to each other.
- In the same pot, heat up 2 tbsp anchovy oil on medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until wilted and start to caramelized. Add carrots and stir until the carrots soften a bit, around 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan, tarragon, thyme, balsamic vinegar, and pepper. Stir in the pasta, broccoli, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, then stir in anchovies.
- If you want to serve everything right away, stir in smoked salmon and serve. Otherwise, keep the salmon aside. When heating up: after you heat up the pasta for serving, stir in the smoked salmon (otherwise the salmon will be cooked through).