If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a fantastically flavoursome vegan-friendly thai green curry, which really pleases the palate. This dish serves 10 which makes it ideal for serving to friends and family. It’s actually that good you could eat it all yourself, over a few days of course. The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/tofu-and-eggplant-green-curry/ —Nikki Brown
- 600 grams firm tofu
- 400 grams eggplant/aubergine
- 100 grams shallots
- 400 milliliters coconut cream
- 100 milliliters vegetable stock
- 50 grams Cornstarch for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 piece Fresh basil leaves
- 1 piece Red thai chilis
- 15 milliliters Vegetable oil
For the Curry Paste
- 25 grams bunch fresh cilantro/coriander
- 2 pieces stalks lemongrass
- 4 pieces green jalapeno peppers - or personal preference
- 2 pieces shallots
- 6 pieces cloves garlic
- 2 pieces limes, juice
- Cut firm tofu into inch-sized cubes and pan-fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Slice shallots into thin rings. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Lightly dust with cornstarch and fry until crispy. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the curry paste in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Heat about a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan and roast the curry paste, stirring constantly, until aromatic.
- Add in vegetable stock into the pan to deglaze.
- Add in coconut cream and eggplant. Cook until the eggplant is tender.
- Add in tofu and heat for about a minute.
- Serve topped with fresh basil leaves, fried shallots, and red thai chilis.