If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As it’s the Chinese New Year and a time for fresh beginnings, we’ve created a simple, nutritious and delicious stir-fry to cater for any healthy eating resolutions. It’s ready in 20 minutes which makes it an ideal healthy meal for those short on time.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/prosperity-stir-fry/
- 250 grams Nian Gao
- 100 grams Chinese sweet peas, tips picked off
- 100 grams young corn, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 100 grams baby carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 100 grams white onion, thinly sliced
- 15 grams cornstarch, for dusting
- 50 milliliters peanut oil
For the Sauce
- 15 milliliters black bean garlic paste
- 15 milliliters chiu chow chili oil
- 15 milliliters sesame oil
- 15 milliliters honey/maple syrup
- 30 milliliters cold water
- 3 grams cornstarch
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Cut Nian Gao into bite-sized pieces. Lightly dust with cornstarch.
- Heat peanut oil in a frying pan. Pan-fry Nian Gao for about 2 minutes per side over medium heat. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add peas, carrots, young corn, and onions. Sautee for 3-4 minutes over high heat.
- Return Nian Gao to the pan and pour in the sauce mixture. Cook for about another minute, stirring continuously.
More Great Recipes: