If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Peppers are always versatile with the benefit of being fat free and full of vitamin A and C, a fail safe when catering for most dietary restrictions. This pleasing simple dish can be a healthy light meal or a filling addition to a protein based meal.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter...
grams corn rice
grams fresh straw mushrooms, cut into chunks
grams white onion, finely chopped
tablespoons olive oil
milliliters vegetable stock
pieces bay leaf
pieces bell peppers
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot.
- Add in onions and sweat until translucent.
- Add in mushrooms and continue cooking over high heat for another minute.
- Add in corn rice and stir until evenly coated with the oil in the pot.
- Pour in 2 cups of stock then bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- When level of stock in the pot goes down to level of rice, cover and turn heat to low.
- Leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave covered for another 15 minutes.
- Fluff rice.
- Preheat your oven to 180C/360F.
- Cut the top of each bell pepper. Remove the core and seeds. Stuff with rice pilaf.
- Arrange stuffed bell pepper standing up in a deep baking dish.
- Pour in remaining stock around the bell peppers.
- Bake for 40 minutes.