If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A tasty, substantial dish with many health benefits. Recent studies show that eating tofu lowers the risk of a number of age related diseases. Tofu contains high levels of isoflavones, one is called Genistein, that inhibits the growth of cancer cells because of it’s antioxidant properties. Tofu is versatile as can be bought in different consistencies depending on the recipe, firm for grilling, soft for casseroles and silken for desserts.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter...
grams tofu cut into 4 steaks
milliliters vegetable oil
tablespoons peanut butter
milliliters coconut Milk
tablespoon soy sauce (gluten free optional)
grams ginger, cut into thin strips
grams lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
grams jalapenos, thinly sliced
tablespoon chives, for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sear tofu steaks over high heat for about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté ginger, lemongrass, jalapenos, and shallots for about 2 minutes.
- Add water, coconut milk, soy sauce, and peanut butter. Bring to a boil.
- Add tofu steaks and simmer for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cooking.
- Serve with the braising sauce and garnish with chives.