Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Katherine6061
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
tablespoons Panko Bread Crumbs
Garlic Cloves thinly sliced
ounces Dry Spaghetti
ounces Canned Sardines
Juice of Lemon
Salt & Pepper to taste
cup Chopped Italian Parsley
- Start heating a pot of salted water for spaghetti.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of EVOO to saute pan and heat over med-high heat. Add breadcrumbs. Stir occasionally and cook until lightly toasted brown (2-3 minutes.)
- In a separate bowl, add chopped parsley. Mix cooked breadcrumbs in with parsley and set aside.
- Add pasta to salted water and cook until pasta is al dente. Drain, and reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- In a new saute pan, add the remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Heat on med-high heat. Add garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Add in sardines and lemon juice. Saute for 5 minutes, slowly adding about 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta to mixture in saute pan. Saute for 3 minutes, adding pasta water as needed. Remove from heat, add in parsley/breadcrumb mixture.
- Plate and serve.