If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Katherine6061
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
tablespoons Panko Bread Crumbs
Garlic Cloves thinly sliced
ounces Dry Spaghetti
ounces Canned Sardines
Juice of Lemon
Salt & Pepper to taste
cup Chopped Italian Parsley
- Start heating a pot of salted water for spaghetti.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of EVOO to saute pan and heat over med-high heat. Add breadcrumbs. Stir occasionally and cook until lightly toasted brown (2-3 minutes.)
- In a separate bowl, add chopped parsley. Mix cooked breadcrumbs in with parsley and set aside.
- Add pasta to salted water and cook until pasta is al dente. Drain, and reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- In a new saute pan, add the remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Heat on med-high heat. Add garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Add in sardines and lemon juice. Saute for 5 minutes, slowly adding about 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta to mixture in saute pan. Saute for 3 minutes, adding pasta water as needed. Remove from heat, add in parsley/breadcrumb mixture.
- Plate and serve.