If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This jackfruit feijoada recipe was specifically made for the Rio Carnival, 294 years after the first recorded celebration, as it is recognised as the Brazilian national dish.
The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/jackfruit-feijoada/
- 1000 grams raw jackfruit, peeled and cut into chunks
- 250 grams dried red mung beans
- 100 grams fermented black beans
- 200 grams white onion
- 50 grams garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1-1.5 liters water or vegetable stock
- 30 milliliters liquid smoke (optional)
- Soak red mung beans in cold water overnight to rehydrate.
- Boil rehydrated mung beans, white onion, and garlic in water or vegetable stock for 1 hour or until beans are tender.
- Add liquid smoke, fermented black beans, and jackfruit. Simmer for 20 minutes or until jackfruit is fork tender.
- Season with salt if needed.
More Great Recipes: