If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple marinara layered with pepper "noodles" and the most wonderful, cheesy, light chicken mixture.
More pictures and info at http://funnyloveblog.com/2017/11/06/low-carb-weeknight-chicken-parm/ —Lindsay Howerton-Hastings
- 2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound ground white meat chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces grated fontina or mozzarella cheese
- 3 thinly sliced bell peppers, any kind you like
- fresh parsley, optional, for serving
- In advance, warm or prepare marinara for this dish.
- Preheat an ovenproof skillet to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. When the skillet is hot, add the chicken and butter. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes, crumbling it with a spoon as you go. When the chicken is cooked through, add the salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and parmesan. Stir to coat and cook for about 2 minutes more, then turn off the skillet. Sprinkle the mixture with the grated cheese.
- Meanwhile, preheat a second skillet to medium-high heat with some olive oil and preheat the broiler to high. When the chicken is nearly done cooking, saute the peppers in the second skillet for 3-5 minutes with a sprinkle of salt until soft and slightly browned but not mushy, stirring as you go.
- Broil the chicken mixture for about a minute to melt and brown the cheese slightly. Serve the chicken with the marinara and peppers. Top with fresh parsley and extra parmesan if you'd like. Enjoy!