If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple and quick (qualities women find highly distasteful in men), this sauce is easily one of our favorites on pizza. Left over sauce can be placed back in the jar and refrigerated or frozen (not in the jar please), and used later on pasta, chicken or veal parmesan or, your next pizza. Please try the anchovy, even if you don't like them. It adds another layer of flavor that, if you didn't know what it was, you could not identify. —MTDavids
Makes 30 ounces
- 24 ounces your favorite jarred pasta sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 coarsely chopped anchovy
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer until anchovy dissolves and the sauce is warmed through. The longer it simmers, the deeper the flavor.
More Great Recipes: