If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A perfect combination of sweet and savory, this buttery, cheesy cornbread is packed with the flavors and earthy aromas of fresh corn and peppers.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers seeded and finely chopped, divided
- 1.25 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup green scallions thinly sliced (optional)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or 3/4 cup milk with 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, cold
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot. Grease and lightly coat 7” cake pan with corn meal and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the grated cheese, chopped jalapeño and scallions (save 1 tablespoon of each to garnish)
- Add the corn kernels to the flour mixture. Mix gently until well coated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, honey, and eggs.
- Pour over mixed dry ingredients and stir gently with a spoon until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and garnish with the remaining jalapeño and grated cheese.
- Cover the cake pan with paper towel and aluminum foil. Place the cake pan on the trivet and gently put the trivet in the Instant Pot insert.
- Cook on Manual(Hi) for 25 minutes with NPR. You can optionally broil for 2 minutes to get browned cheese on top. We enjoy the bread as is!
- Enjoy warm.