If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With the holidays right around the corner, foodies everywhere have one dessert top-of-mind: pies! To celebrate National Pie Day on December 1, Foxwoods' renowned pastry chef - Chef Franck - is giving you all the inside scoop on how to serve up a mouth-watering Lemon Meringue Pie. One tip to keep in mind? In order to get a crispy meringue, the oven needs to be very hot. The meringue needs to brown quickly so the lemon filling stays cold! —Foxwoods Resort Casino
tablespoons corn starch
lemons, juiced and zested
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir in water, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in butter. Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture.
- Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture.
- Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat. Pour filling into baked pastry shell.
teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large Kitchen Aid mixer bowl, mix egg whites, sugar and lemon juice, whip over a heat source until the egg whites sugar mix feels warm.
- Attach the bowl to the Kitchen Aid mixer and whip until it triple in volume, or until meringue is almost cold and stiff peaks form.
- Spread or pipe meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust.
- Bake in preheated 425F oven for few minutes until meringue is golden brown.