Tell us about your recipe. —Sarah Jampel
- Makes one 8- by 8-inch baking dish
1 1/4 cups
(150 grams)a all-purpose flour
pumpkin pie spice
(1 stick) unsalted better, melted and cooled slightly
light or dark brown sugar
(7 1/2 ounces) pumpkin purée
dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
3 1/2 ounces
almond paste, diced (optional)
In This Recipe
- Heat the oven to 350° and line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment, leaving some overhang.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin spice, and salt. In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with the sugars until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Add the pumpkin purée and stir to incorporate.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the flour mixture until no dry spots remain, taking care not to over-mix. Fold in the dark chocolate chips and, if using, the almond paste. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the blondies lose their raw shine and a cake tester or toothpick into the center comes out clean.